As the first class starts at 8:00 a.m., the teacher gives the assignment: “Write down 10 things you’re thankful for so far today.” Do What?! I just woke up. I have not had my coffee yet. I’m just trying not to fall out of my wheelchair. After weeks of doing this back in seminary, my morning perspective changed:
- I’m thankful woke up this morning.
- I’m thankful ate breakfast on my way out the door.
- I’m thankful I have a lightweight wheelchair so i’m not slowed down.
- I’m thankful I got to drive to class.
- I’m thankful I have a jeep that i drove here.
- I am able to throw my wheelchair in the back of the jeep!
- I am able to walk around my jeep!
- I am blessed to be in seminary.
- I have clothes and shoes to wear.
- I do not HAVE to be anxious about anything, now!
[tweetable author=“@toddlollar”] God wipes out your anxiety through you being thankful! [/tweetable]